AdWords
6.9K members online now
6.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Sitelinks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just noticed that my personal account has changed so that it is showing dynamic site links even though I have manual sitelinks added. It looks like the manual ones are getting impressions, but less than 50% of the time... I manage over 200 other accounts set up similar to mine and I am sure they are doing the same thing.  

It is my understanding that the dynamic link is suppose to show a link relevant to the ad - but the one it is showing on mine is for a location within our franchise but over 1500 miles away! Opposite of relevant! Irrelevant!

This is not a feature we should have to opt "OUT" of... but Opt "In To". 

Plus if the manual site links are in place and approved - The dynamic links should not be showing at all!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Sitelinks

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi James,

Please submit this form to Google to opt out the dynamic sitelinks from your account.

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/dynamic_sitelinks

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
James,

When you do the search for your own account and see the Location 1500 miles away.. In your browser bottom left hand corner, in the footer, it shows your Location. is the location your actual location? or is the location shown in your browser closer to the 1500 mile away location?

The reason I ask, is Google uses IP address to determine the location of the user query, and with many networks their IP is mile or even states and countries from their Physical location.

Next do the same thing this time using the Ad preview Tool and set your location. Does the Bad irrelevant Location show up in the ad preview tool when you can actually set your True Location?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Eric..
That was the second thing I checked after I made sure the call out extensions were still there and approved. It shows my community in central Texas - The location in the link is for a location in Palo Alto Ca.