AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Search Ads - excluding redirecting pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've set up a DSA campaign for a car dealership but when I look at the search terms I can see that the destination URL is pulling pages of vehicles that have been sold. The site is on eDealer so when a car has been sold and someone visits the page it does this: http://www.londonhonda.com/used/vehicle/2008-toyota-rav4-sport-id508017.htm

I've tried to set up a page content exclusion for "Sorry, this vehicle is no longer available" but it didn't work. 

Any ideas how to exclude these types of pages?

Thanks!! Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michelle E
March 2016

Re: Dynamic Search Ads - excluding redirecting pages

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Michelle,

Looking at the website I think that the problem is that the message "Sorry, this vehicle is no longer available" appears within a Modal DIV that load AFTER the content have loaded. So differently from the message "Vehicle sold" that appears right as the page loads, the other one comes within a modal and after everything.

You can see that the text "Vehicle sold" is part of the page HTML, while the other one isn't, so that is my guess. You need to change the way this message appears, either directly on site or through URL and not by redirect. It's code architecture problem.

Hope this helps.
_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Michelle, how are things?

I guess it should work with your exclusion. What's the condition used to find "Sorry, this vehicle is no longer available"? Can you post s screen shot for the used settings?
_

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just set up an exclusion in the auto targets tab:

DSA-EXCLUSION.PNG

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michelle E
March 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Michelle,

Looking at the website I think that the problem is that the message "Sorry, this vehicle is no longer available" appears within a Modal DIV that load AFTER the content have loaded. So differently from the message "Vehicle sold" that appears right as the page loads, the other one comes within a modal and after everything.

You can see that the text "Vehicle sold" is part of the page HTML, while the other one isn't, so that is my guess. You need to change the way this message appears, either directly on site or through URL and not by redirect. It's code architecture problem.

Hope this helps.
_

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
No problem Michelle, hope this helps Smiley Very Happy
_

Dynamic Search Ads - excluding redirecting pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@leandrofm

Hello,

I exclude pages which contain out of stock on my Dynamic Search Ads, but however, DSA ads still show pages containing exhausted products.