AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Search Ads Update / Crawl Frequency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

Have a vehicle dealership client and we've recently started running DSA's for their used vehicle stock / webpages.

We're running into the challenge of ads showing for vehicles that have been sold and their webpage not have being taken down yet. On the official DSA Google resource it says:

When Dynamic Search Ads may not be ideal for your business:

Dynamic Search Ads may not be the best campaign type for websites with rapidly changing content, as content updates won't be immediately detected. For example, websites that feature daily deals aren't the best fit for Dynamic Search Ads.

So I was hoping to get a more concrete answer on the crawl frequency DSA's use on a website to help me figure out if a few out of stock ads are tolerable or not. 

Are their any solutions available to change a page to let Google know it can't be used anymore for DSA's? Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Search Ads Update / Crawl Frequency

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Robert,

I am assuming, when the product is "out of stock/sold out", your website product page must contains "out of stock/sold out".

So you can remove the auto targeting like

Page_contains = out of stock/sold out

Thus it will stop crawling the pages, where the products are sold out.

Please read the below article for more info:-
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Save-Time-with-Dynamic-Search-Ads/ba-p/512278
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’