AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,  

I work for a real estate client and I would like to set up a Dynamic Remarketing campaign. We already have an API for our website, but I have some questions regarding how to implement the remarketing campaign.  

1. How do I link my business API with Google´s API?

2. How do I connect the API account with my Adwords account?

3. How do I connect the feed with my campaign?  

Also, for some reason when I check my remarketing tag it shows parameters for real estate and custom businesses. This happens because our business type is setup as both: real estate and custom. How could I change the business type so that it is only custom?  

Thank you,

Esteban

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Remarketing

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi Esteban,

I'm not sure I understand what API you are talking about. Do you mean that you already have an access to the AdWords API?

If you want to use the AdWords API to update your "business data" feed frequently, you can follow this tutorial:
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/dynamic-remarketing

To connect the feed to your campaign in your campaign settings.

- Maxime

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Maxime,

The issue I have is that I already introduced the Google Tag in my website. In the tag I use custom parameters that absorb the information directly from our webpage. The tag is working properly and I am using it to create remarketing lists. Now when I try to create the custom feed to upload in the ads section, it says the feed is not valid because it does not accept the custom parameters we have. What should we do? Is it possible to keep using the remarketing tag with custom parameters and then create another feed using the parameters google suggests?

Thanks
Esteban

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
If you didn't use the standard names for your remarketing tag's custom parameters unfortunately you have to change them (for real estate they have to be listing_id, listing_pagetype and listing_totalvalue, see https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3103357?hl=en).

There's no way to adapt the feed to support non-standard parameter names.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Maxime, but I have one more question. I am using Google Tag Manager to see if the tag is working. However, on the Remarketing Validation field when I introduce the Feed ID it gives me an error and the tag stops working. How can we validate the feed and tag. Do we need to have the exact same parameters on both? Or what gets validated once we introduce the Feed ID?

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
Hi Esteban,

I'm guessing you're talking the Google Tag Assistant chrome extension, not Google Tag Manager.

Google Tag Assistant tag validation only works for retailers using a Google Merchant Center feed I believe. In your case (real estate) you're using a "Business Data" feed, so the way to verify that the id parameter from the tag (listing_id) and the corresponding column (Listing ID) in your feed match is to look in AdWords:
- Navigate to Shared Library > Audiences
- Click on the "Tag details" button in the top right
- Look for the report and potential alerts about how well your tag matches your feed.

- Maxime

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
We are using a custom feed and custom parameters in our tag (not real estate).

On our tag we have the parameters dynx_itemid, dynx_itemid2, dynx_pagetype, dynx_totalvalue, destination_url, rent_price, transaction, team_id, city, and image_url.

On our feed we have the parameters ID, Item title, Destination URL, Image URL, Item subtitle, Item category, Price, Sale Price, and Item address.

Our feed is working fine and all the parameters appear when we create the dynamic ads. However, when we try to join the tag with the feed, in tag details under audiences we get an error saying "Your tag doesn't include the custom parameter "dynx_itemid". How can we make the tag and feed work?

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
Why are you using the "Custom" feed instead of Real estate?

I think the issue is that you might have switched from using the Google Analytics tag to the AdWords remarketing tag and unfortunately the tag details UI doesn't really support that.
Can you change your implementation to pass the parameters via the Google Analytics tag instead?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Maxime,

We have made some progress with our dynamic remarketing campaign. Our ads are working and we are getting impressions and clicks. However, the ads don´t show the exact property that a person saw on our website. It seems that the ads randomly pick one item on the feed and use that information. How can we fix this issue so that the ads show the same property that every person saw on our website?

Thanks,

Esteban Velasco