AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am currently running a re-marketing campaign but would like to also run a dynamic re-marketing campaign.  Can the existing re-marketing tag also be used for a dynamic re marketing campaign?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Maxime Test (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Dynamic Remarketing

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Valarie,

Yes, you can just use the existing remarketing tag. Just add the custom parameters on top of the exisitng remarketing code.

For troubleshooting use Google Tag Assistant. Google Tag Assistant is an addon for chrome browser.

Siva.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

so, I put this small code for the dynamic remarketing as mentioned by Google above the existing remarketing code.

I dont want to use a single product, but multiple products (abt 80).

With what values do I fill the "REPLACE_WITH_VALUE"?

Can anybody helo me out here?

Thanks and KR
San

<script type="text/javascript">
var google_tag_params = {
ecomm_prodid: 'REPLACE_WITH_VALUE',
ecomm_pagetype: 'REPLACE_WITH_VALUE',
ecomm_totalvalue: 'REPLACE_WITH_VALUE',
};
</script>

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
The value depends on the platform you are using. Please paste your website url first. Thanks.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Valarie,

For run dynamic remarketing campaigns you need to implement custom parameter. This is very simple with the help of your developer. Please find below complete guidelines link how to pass each parameter: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3103357?hl=en

Hope this help you Implementation of custom parameter.
Thanks,
Jitender

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

I have setup dynamic remarketing ads for my website, I can see impressions and stats, but I have not seen even one of my dynamic ads, in fact no one in my team has seen it till date- I have set up the dynamic campaign in November 2015. Pls can you help me as what could the issue be...

Thanks,
Meghana

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
You should not pass 80 different values to the "ecomm_prodid" parameter.
On a page showing a single product you should only one id.
On a page like the shopping cart, you can pass multiple ids if the user has multiple products in their cart, but I wouldn't pass more than 5 or so. To do so, you need to use a JavaScript array, for example:
ecomm_prodid = ['123','456','789']