AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Can audience list from Analytics be used for Dynamic Remarketing? I know I can do this in AdWords but it's interesting to know when to use Analytics for Remarketing or AdWords.

In Analytics audience lists I can be a lot more targeted opposed to AdWords but if I want to set up RLSA campaigns I need to do this through AdWords and if I need to set Dynamic Remarketing through AdWords, what would then be the point of Analytics Remarketing. I know I can be a lot more targeted with my ads using Analytics Remarketing but why not improve AdWords instead of duplicating it.    

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nathan O
September 2015

Re: Dynamic Remarketing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there,

I don't think you can do it the way that you suggested.

The reason is this, taken directly from AdWords when you go to create a Dynamic Remarketing campaign:

"To get started, you'll need to add a dynamic remarketing tag to your website. The tag is a snippet of code that lets you create remarketing lists based on the products and pages that your visitors viewed. This allows you to show people relevant ads while they browse the web. Learn more"

I actually tested this out on an ecommerce account that I already have regular remarketing running for, and it still asked me to install the new dynamic remarketing tag. 

So this campaign probably isn't something that you can apply an existing audience list to (whether an AdWords tag main list or Analytics audience list).

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any other thoughts on it.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nathan O
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

Just to clarify-

You can target Dynamic Remarketing Campaigns to lists you've created via Google Analytics. For instance, if you want to use your GA-generated "Cart Abandoners" list instead of an AdWords generated one, the dynamic creative will still work as long as you have added the AdWords Remarketing tag with the right custom parameters (like ecomm_prodid = 123, etc.).

We're working on making this process simpler. Please stay tuned to the AdWords and Google Analytics blogs for updates.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Google Analytics now supports dynamic remarketing:

http://analytics.blogspot.com/2014/03/tailored-ads-better-results-dynamic.html