AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing with Custom Feed Doesn't show targeted ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I just implemented Dynamic Remarketing on a website, goo.gl/2PxsTN, and as Merchant Center is not available in my Country I used the Custom Feed option. I added the feed in the Business Data category and everything seemd ok, the id's are right and everything.

I then setup the custom paramenters only on the product pages, i.e: 

dynx_itemid: '12345'

dynx_pagetype: 'offerdetail'

Again, I only placed these on the product pages.

I set up Dynamic ads in the campain, and used a general audience and a custom audience targeted only on product viewers. 

To test the ads I browsed my website a little on a new Browser with clean cookies and then browsed a few websites with Adsense to see the add. 

The problem is the ads served are GENERAL ads, with no relation to what I visited on my website. There are thousands of products in the feed, the id's work ok (tested with Tag Manager), the only problem is the fact that the ads are not targeted based on my activity on the website, but general ads with products I never visited. Because of this I was experiencing a low CTR. 

I mention that the campain is only set for a few days now.

If anyone experienced this before maybe you can give me some adice.

Thank You.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Remarketing with Custom Feed Doesn't show targeted ads

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
From a tagging standpoint everything looks good, however I couldn't get an ad to serve for me, is your campaign still running? Does the list you target have enough users?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I removed the General Audience from targeting and now I created a new one only with product viewers. It is still populating..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Maybe Google Has to index all the feed items or something like that..i never let the campaign run for more than a few days and now I have a new feed for only a couple of days..

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
That's strange, are you sure your list definition is correct? dynx_pagetype = offerdetail
You can use the "Estimate list size" button to make sure it's correct.