AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing vs URL Rules

[ Edited ]
J M
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
J M
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

From what I can tell, dynamic remarketing essentially offers the same thing as building custom remarketing lists/audiences yourself by creating URL rules. Is this true?

For example, if I have 10 different product pages and make 10 remarketing lists each correlating to a different product page, and proceed to create separate ad groups (with corresponding ads) for each remarketing list - is this is essentially accomplishing the same thing as dynamic remarketing? I understand that dynamic ads offer different layouts that a standard banner does not, but I'm mostly focused on matching up creative with relevant behaviors of site visitors.

And if this is true, then what advantages does dynamic remarketing offer outside of matching up ads with relevant audiences? Dynamic ads, updated inventory, etc.

As always, thanks for the guidance.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Remarketing vs URL Rules

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
They main advantage is lot's of time which you can save with one time set up, also as you have mentioned using dynamic remarketing you can tailor more relevant ads. to your customer.
Your approach is more time consuming one.

Cheers,
Alexey

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Dynamic Remarketing vs URL Rules

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
If you only have 10 products you might consider doing thing manually but it would be really tedious. If you have 100 or 1,000 or even 100,000 products it becomes completely impossible to manage this manually, that's why dynamic remarketing is the answer.

Also, dynamic remarketing can show multiple products in the ad unit and uses a very sophisticated recommendation engine to pick the best products for each user dynamically. It's virtually impossible to reproduce that manually, even for just 10 products.