AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing for Hotels - Help

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Hi Guys,

I hope someone can give me hand here to understand this clearly. My goal is creating dynamic remarketing campaigns for a global hotel chain which has 100+ throughout the world.

Let me try to explain my idea using booking.com strategy. In booking.com once you go for a singapore based property they will start triggering ads about the property you visited as well as about the properties nearby. Please see below screen shot.

Capture.JPG

Similarly lets say I have multiple properties based in Singapore, can i do something like this using Dynamic remarketing for those properies? If yes would you mind explaining about it.

Thanks in advanced. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Remarketing for Hotels - Help

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Nisal,

For such banner ads you need to create a data-feed first under:

Shared Library > Business Data > Data > Dynamic Display Ad Feed > Hotel & Rentals.

Prepare the feed on excel following this template-

http://www.gstatic.com/adextensions/hotels-and-rentals-feed-template.csv

And upload it in Business data.

Once done, Create a new remarketing campaign; Opt for dynamic remarketing ads; While finishing the campaign setup process, You will be asked to link your Business Data with this campaign.

As soon as your feed and ads are approved, dynamic ads will start showing up.

For more details, you may follow this-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6053288?hl=en&authuser=0

-Rohit

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Rohit,

Thanks I did setup this. One more question, How the system decide which properties/items to display along side with the property/item user have visited before?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Nisal

I am not very sure about the internal mechanism but I believe remarketing tag and data-feed work together to generate custom dynamic banners.

Suppose a user planning a go on a vacation looked at 4-5 hotels located in a particular area; Once he leaves the site, Adwords may serve him an ad having only these hotels on the banner he have already visited.

Rohit