AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing feed - number format error

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a Dynamic Remarketing campaign for a client operating in the "Hotels and Rentals" vertical.

Upon uploading the feed file (xlsx format) I receive the following error:  

"Invalid 'Sale price': Invalid price format.
Invalid 'Price': Invalid price format"

I tried altering the price and sale price in various forms, according to the following specs link:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6093368#types

I tried different number and currency formats, and even putting the prices as text (strings)  - but nothing worked. The upload wizzard keeps on dissaproving all my feed's data rows.

Please let me know what else can be done in order to avoid this error and have the feed file finally uploaded.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Remarketing feed - number format error

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Eyal,

Have you tried uploading as a .csv? I'm not making any guarantees and I know the excel format is listed as acceptable but in the past, I've found .csv files to work in cases where xls files would not.

It's worth a shot - it sounds like you're doing everything correctly...

Wish I had more to share here...keep us posted - others may have better feedback.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eyal J
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Eyal,

The specs you linked to are those for Ad customisations, not Dynamic Remarketing, which has a different format.  Try the format specifications laid out here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6053288?hl=en

instead (there's a hotels expanding section).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Clearly, others have better feedback. Haha...good eye Sir, Jon! Smiley Happy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Many thanks Jon, I was referring to the wrong specs doc.

For whoever encounters this specific issue -
I set the prices as text/string, since apparently Excel 2013 does not support the specific currency format (ISO 4217).
The currency symbol, as USD, appears on the left to the number, rather than on the right, as the specs demand.

Best,
Eyal

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks PPCBossman,
I assume advertisers sometime struggle with AdWords "feed file debugging" and uploading it in .csv format is one of the attempts that should be on the list. Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Eyal, I rarely use Excel format these days as it's just too quick to do weird stuff to fields you've carefully formatted. Smiley Happy

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

MDM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
MDM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, this is exactly what my issue is. BUT how do you set-up the price as as text/string

MDM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
MDM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, this is exactly what my issue is. BUT how do you set-up the price as as text/string