AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing automatic feed update

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am working for a real estate client and I would like to set up a Dynamic Remarketing campaign. As listings get added or removed daily, I want to automate feed updates. 

I found this documentation on Google Developers - https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/dynamic-remarketing, and it looks great, but I still have some questions as I'm not very familiar with the API:

- do I have to create a feed and upload it in my Business data before setting up the automation or my developer will set everything up from the API?

- how do I connect the API account with my Adwords account and than the feed with my campaign. Is it enough to use the same login email?

- can I have different feeds (for example, I have 3 feeds for 3 different cities) that automatically update? If yes, does the developer have to follow the same procedure for every city feed? 

Thank you,

Monica

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Monica O
September 2015

Re: Dynamic Remarketing automatic feed update

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Mohit: you answered for Google Shopping/Merchant Center, in this case Monica is working for a real estate client so she's dealing with "Business Data" feed which are available in the AdWords API, not via AdWords scripts.

- I think you need to create the feed manually before you can update it via the API
- Your AdWords API access is managed at the MCC level. The link between your feed and your campaign is done when you create the campaign or after in the campaign settings
- You can have 3 feeds if you want and yes you should follow the same procedure. That said if I can avoid it I would.

If your developer has specific questions about the API you can post to the AdWords API forum (https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/)

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi monica,

I give the one by one all answers.

1) All thing has been done by your developer by using Google API. so you don't need to do any thing.

2) For connecting your account with api go -> adwords -> bulk operation-> scripts -> advanced API -> click on shopping content. 

There you see  a massage "You must also enable the selected services in the Google Developers Console." click on Google developer console and enable it. Take help of your developer for doing this all work.

3) It may be possible by using script. I suggest before setup the automated feeds by using script, you should contact to google representative by following any way of communication:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

I sure they will help to your developer and in special situation they schedule the appointment with their Google API developers, & also testing the code on their end.

Regards

Mohit   

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Monica O
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Mohit: you answered for Google Shopping/Merchant Center, in this case Monica is working for a real estate client so she's dealing with "Business Data" feed which are available in the AdWords API, not via AdWords scripts.

- I think you need to create the feed manually before you can update it via the API
- Your AdWords API access is managed at the MCC level. The link between your feed and your campaign is done when you create the campaign or after in the campaign settings
- You can have 3 feeds if you want and yes you should follow the same procedure. That said if I can avoid it I would.

If your developer has specific questions about the API you can post to the AdWords API forum (https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/)

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Maxime T

Thanks to correct to me, I see this URL,

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6053288?hl=en

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6072708?hl=en

and understand that she is talking about business data feed. again thanks for solving out my doubt B/W business data feed and product feed.

Regards

Mohit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks guys! You were very helpful Smiley Happy

@Maxime T I think you are right, your answers make sense (you get the feed ID after you upload it to your Business data - so there's the connection and my answer), but @Mohit B, as you suggested, I will contact Google AM before setting up the automated feeds.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It seems that AdWords now has 'Scheduled uploads' when you select feeds.
So, select business data, create feed and than click on the feed. On top of Items and Upload History, there is Scheduled uploads as well. You can select file location and frequency at which it should try to do uploads.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
Hi Ivica,

Scheduled uploads is a new feature of AdWords Business Data that is rolling out slowly: it is not yet available to every account but should be over the next few weeks/months.

- Maxime

Dynamic Remarketing automatic feed update

MDM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
MDM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a similar question but for a Custom Feed. It's for automotive.

The dealer has it's own Database that feeds their web site.

For Adwords our developer set-up a file to upload as a feed.

The problem I see is that car sales inventory (just like real state) changes very frequently. 

1. Can we somehow automate/link the web site's database with our feed through the API so Adwords feed gets updated when the Database is updated?

2. The way it's currently set-up (custom/csv file upload)
If one of the cars is sold and the link is no longer available
will Adwords still serve the Ad/link?

3. What do you suggest is the best set-up for feeds in our case.
Is it even worth using the API? or should we just stick to manual feeds and update the file weekly.

Thank you!