AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing To Broken Page

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys!

Specifically for real estate dynamic remarketing, what happens if we're showing ads for a home, it sells and the website URL is taken down before the Real Estate Listing Feed is updated on AdWords. Essentially the user would be directed to a 404 page?

Would that specific home listing get disapproved within the feed similar to a shopping campaign?

Insight is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert O
September 2015

Re: Dynamic Remarketing To Broken Page

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

Hello Robert,

So I've tested it and it only affects the items with errors not the feed as a whole.

Also you can see similar statement in Create a feed for your dynamic display ads page. Where it says:

When an item in your feed isn't available or to spec, it won't be used in your ads.

And that it is, Nothing else.

Alex

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Robert,

I assume that it should be only one item of the feed blocked and not the whole feed.
In search campaigns it works like this too - if one of your ad has 404 error, then it won't block the whole campaign, ad group, but only the Ad.

It is similar with Shopping feed in merchant center, if one of the products has invalid URL, then only that product gets suspended and not the whole feed.

Of course if you have too many Ads/products with invalid URL error, then I wouldn't be suprised your whole feed might get suspended.

Alex

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Right, so in the case of dynamic remarketing it would not disable the ad.

Are you assuming, or confirming that indeed a dynamic remarketing feed item would be disapproved instead of the entire feed?

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Robert, I will test this just for you tomorrow.

But like I said, it would be non sense to block the whole feed because one product is out of stock.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Awesome! Thank Alex.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert O
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

Hello Robert,

So I've tested it and it only affects the items with errors not the feed as a whole.

Also you can see similar statement in Create a feed for your dynamic display ads page. Where it says:

When an item in your feed isn't available or to spec, it won't be used in your ads.

And that it is, Nothing else.

Alex

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for going the extra mile on this one Alex! Appreciate it.

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner
Glad I could help Robert! Take care