AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing - How/where to use travel_totalvalue parameter

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

When I implement the tracking code for Dynamic Remarketing I also have a parameter called "travel_totalvalue" (depends on the vertical I want to use. Specifically I'm using travel).

Where is this data being sent to?

I can't find any place that let me use this parameter.

I can assume that it should be used to display the price on the banner but that's exactly my question is - how and where could I use pull it from the user's cookie.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Remarketing - How/where to use travel_totalvalue parameter

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Shuki,

Thanks for posting to the Community. You should be able to include the travel_totalvalue attribute in your ads by customizing the text in your dynamic ads and inserting this attribute wherever you want it. This guide on the Help Center has a really good example of this at the bottom of the page.

Please let me know after reading through that resource if this is the kind of solution you're looking for, or if not, how I can help.

Cassie

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I want to pull the price from the user's cookie. Not from the feed.
I don't see this solution in this guide.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Shuki,

Can you please explain further what you are trying to do with the information from this attribute? The Dynamic Remarketing tag is meant specifically for dynamic remarketing rather than for collecting any sort of user data, so other applications for the tag are likely not going to be possible.

Cassie

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Cassie,

Lets say the user makes a search for some dates, and he sees an hotel in 100$ for those dates.

I want to send this 100$ through travel_totalvalue parameter, and then show him this price in the ad.

Since this 100$ price is relevant only for this specific user, I can't use the price column in the feed and I need to collect the price from the page and save it in this user's cookie.

I think that travel_totalvalue parameter is built for this use, but I don't know how can I extract this value from the user cookie and display it in the ad.

Thanks!

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi Shuki,

You do not need to extract anything from the user cookie in order to display it in the ad. The way dynamic remarketing works is that it matches each attribute, like destination, price, travel start date, etc. with each unique visitor to your site. So by default, dynamic remarketing is going to dynamically show the correct value of the given attribute for that particular customer. 

Likewise, you should be able to "travel_totalvalue" when you customize your ads, like in this example from the article linked above:

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 10.08.01 AM.png

Please let me know if for any reason you are not able to do this in your account and I can investigate further.

Cassie