AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing Feeds - Using Audiences Made in Adwords

[ Edited ]
J M
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
J M
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Is there a way of running dynamic remarketing ads without setting up custom parameters within the remarketing pixel/Tag manager? For example, if we had the basic remarketing tag placed across all pages of the website..

Am I able to simply add a 'Remarketing URL' column or steal an Audience I have already created in the Shared Library to the data feed for each Product ID instead of setting up custom parameters through tag manager, etc.

I don't see why this isn't possible as it seems I can accomplish the same exact thing through URL/custom rules on Adwords itself and the process for custom parameters seems to just repeat what I already have setup.

And if I'm forced to run customer parameters - do I need to have a google merchant account if I'm trying to go about this (automatically generate parameters): https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/3002580?hl=en#OneTagPerFunnel? Can I do this with a Custom feed vs a Retail feed and use dynx_itemid & dynx_totalvalue (instead of ecomm_prodid & ecomm_totalvalue).

The guide says this:

"Let's use a concrete example and suppose you want to configure a macro to dynamically retrieve the product ID that should be passed to the remarketing tag on a product page, and your are not passing this product ID via the data layer. The first thing you want to do is try to locate the value you need from the existing site source code. The expected value is the product ID set in Google Merchant Center for the sample product page you are looking at."

Thanks for taking the time - sorry if I'm pretty scattered with my questions and pretty uninformed.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Remarketing Feeds - Using Audiences Made in Adwords

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

There are 2 "flavors" or remarketing:
- Static or standard for which you don't need specific custom parameters and for which the content of your ad is static
- Dynamic where you must pass custom parameters so that the ads can dynamically display the right products to the right users. For Dynamic remarketing, you need to provide a feed for your data, either via Google Merchant Center if you're a retailer or via Business Data for other verticals (travel, real estate, etc...)

It's not very clear what you're doing, are you manually segmenting your website by URL? It might be possible to do that if you have a limited number of products, but it's still tedious and not ideal to deal with users who browse through multiple products.

If you were a bit more specific we might be able to help you better: what is the nature of your business? Are you a retailer? Why don't you want to use Google Merchant Center? Why don't you want to use custom parameters?