AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing Feed

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I am still new to google adwords. Right now i'm still trying to set up dynamic remarketing campaign for a market place which the products are posted from user. So the products will change so often. My goal is to set up a dynamic ads which will show multiple products in the display ads.

As we know when we want to set up a remarketing campaign using dynamic ads, it will ask for a feed that will be used to show the products in the ads. My question is:

Is there a way to generate the feed without uploading a file or using adwords API for the dynamic ads in the campaign? Or could the dynamic remarketing ads work without using feed for example just by retrieving the data from the page?

Thank you,

Georgius

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Georgius R
September 2015

Re: Dynamic Remarketing Feed

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Georgius,

You do need a feed to run dynamic ads yes and ideally your feed should be updated frequently to allow the system to show users the exact products they viewed on your site.

It's true that for marketplaces where the inventory is very volatile, it's a bit of a challenge to deal with the scale and the frequency of updates but you could still try to make it work, for instance by building a feed of your top most popular products.

The dynamic remarketing recommendation engine is the algorithm that picks the best products to show for each user for each impression. While it first tries to show users the exact products they saw on your site, it also has a powerful "backfill" feature to show other products based on other signals (most clicked, context, etc...).

If that's too complicated you can also simply do static remarketing: build static banners for each of your product categories and build specific remarketing lists to target users who visited the corresponding category pages.

- Maxime

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Georgius,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

The answer to your question is - No. It's not possible to use Dynamic Remarketing without a feed. However, if you believe your business model does not fit with the predefined industry specifics, you can use Custom Feeds. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Ratan,

So in this remarketing / retargeting case, if I want to make dynamic ads which could show / recommend multiple product for the users who visited the page (for example certain category or product), i still have to make the feed.

Thank you for the answer.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Georgius R
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Georgius,

You do need a feed to run dynamic ads yes and ideally your feed should be updated frequently to allow the system to show users the exact products they viewed on your site.

It's true that for marketplaces where the inventory is very volatile, it's a bit of a challenge to deal with the scale and the frequency of updates but you could still try to make it work, for instance by building a feed of your top most popular products.

The dynamic remarketing recommendation engine is the algorithm that picks the best products to show for each user for each impression. While it first tries to show users the exact products they saw on your site, it also has a powerful "backfill" feature to show other products based on other signals (most clicked, context, etc...).

If that's too complicated you can also simply do static remarketing: build static banners for each of your product categories and build specific remarketing lists to target users who visited the corresponding category pages.

- Maxime