AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing Destination URL Tracking

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All

I am setting up a dynamic remarketing campaign to target visitors who have been to product pages on my website – I have the tags with the correct parameters in place and my audiences are building.

As I understand it – Adwords pulls the price, product name, image and destination URL from my merchant Center account

I have an issue with the destination URL tracking – In my merchant center account all URLs contain some tracking – specifically “site_id=11111” – This is in place so I can determine the source of sales internally – I want the dynamic remarketing URLs to have a different site_id e.g. “site_id=”22222”

Is there a way to have the destination URL tracking differ from merchant center in my dynamic remarketing campaign?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author stwilsons
September 2015

Re: Dynamic Remarketing Destination URL Tracking

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi stwilsons,

To use a different URL for the Dynamic ads campaign you will need to use the AdWords_Redirect & ifdyn ValueTrack Parameter. You will need to download your Merchant Center feed and update it accordingly:

Let me know if you need more detail on the above. You can read more about the adwords_redirect attribute on the Product Feed Specification page.

El

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi stwilsons, 

We have escalated your question to our support team who will post a reply on this thread as soon as they look into this for you. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Hannah

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author stwilsons
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi stwilsons,

To use a different URL for the Dynamic ads campaign you will need to use the AdWords_Redirect & ifdyn ValueTrack Parameter. You will need to download your Merchant Center feed and update it accordingly:

Let me know if you need more detail on the above. You can read more about the adwords_redirect attribute on the Product Feed Specification page.

El

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi - Thanks very much for your answer - I have started the dynamic remarketing campaign and early results are excellent.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

There are 2 options if you want to use a differrent destination URL for Google Shopping Campaigns/PLA and Dynamic Remarketing:

1. The first option is to use the {ifdyn:xxx} valuetrack parameter in the adwords_redirect attribute in your feed as mentioned earlier in this thread. That way you can keep a single attribute for both PLA and Dynamic remarketing (e.g. http://www.example.com/product?id=12345&source={ifpla:adwords_pla}{ifdyn:adwords_dynrmkt}  )
  2. The second option is to use a separate attribute called "c:drlp:url"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there a Google support page or something similarly official that lists and defines the ifdyn and ifpla ValueTrack parameters? I've only been able to find them in forums like this.