AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing - Custom Parameters Need On Every Page?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

Been tackling the challenge of setting up dynamic remarketing for a real estate client. Very hard to learn from scratch but I'm almost there!

Basically my question is this, do custom parameters for dynamic remarketing need to firing on every page? We only need it to on the pages that show homes because these are the pages we want to dynamically remarket.

So are developed has data layers firing on just these home listing pages, then GTM reads them and populates the custom parameters in the dynamic remarketing tag with them.

Will dynamic remarketing work even if some pages don't fill in the custom parameters?

Input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert O
September 2015

Re: Dynamic Remarketing - Custom Parameters Need On Every Page?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Robert,

I don't think there should be a problem if you do not include it on all pages. 

Let's understand what this tag does - 

The tag adds your website visitors to remarketing lists and associates them with the unique IDs of the feed items they viewed.

So, if a page that does not have the parameters you specified, will not dynamically re-target visitors. The reason is obvious, such pages can't be associated with Unique IDs in your feed as IDs for them do not exist in the feed. 

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Ratan.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan-
Is there a Wordpress app or manager that will include the custom parameters for each page? My domain is www.pembrokeinstruments.com and I'm trying to get dynamic ad remarketimg going (w/o succsess)
Thanks!
-Leslie

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.