AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Re-marketing Custom Parameter Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All

My website is created using Shopify platform. I wanted to create dynamic remarketing campaign for the website. I have successfully created connected to merchant center which is working fine for product listing ads. My remarketing tag is active but errors are there with custome parameters. Could you please suggest how to set custome parameters.

Thanks in advance

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Re-marketing Custom Parameter Problem

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Kalu.

I'm not sure we can help you with this one, as this seems to be a platform (Shopify) specific issue. If you manage to get the parameters populated correctly things should work, but if Shopify messes something up (I'm not saying it does, in case anybody working from Shopify sees this thread Smiley Happy ), then you'll see errors in the AdWords interface.

On the other hand, sometimes you see errors which are from the past, meaning that you update the code now and the system did not parse it yet. Have you tried validating the code with the Chrome Tag Assistant?
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

If you want to save hassle of custom coding you can use some apps which are available at http://apps.shopify.com/ and will automate this process for you.

If you want to code it then you should look at this link and if you want to use tag manager you should look at this link.

Hope this makes sense

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Calin,
Thank you for your time. Yes I have checked my website page with Google Tag Assistant and it is showing some critical issues. If I go to any product page , then all the custom parameters are not populating in tag assistant. But if I go to my competitors website checking Google tag assistant then all the custom parameters are showing correctly. I do not what to do. I went through shopify forum and some experts have suggested to go for Tag manager. I installed Tag manager as well. But still tag assistant showing errors.

Could you please help little more how to solve this problem.

Best Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nik,
I have visited shopify apps but review on that particular app which I am looking for completely the worst. Some apps are paid but all the reviews are against of the app. So I decided to go for Google Tag Manager...but still custom parameters are not populating.

Please help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Please check my website -- http://www.collectorsheritage.com and if you look at view source parameters are not dynamically updated...
ecomm_prodid: 'REPLACE_WITH_VALUE',
ecomm_pagetype: 'REPLACE_WITH_VALUE',
ecomm_totalvalue: 'REPLACE_WITH_VALUE',

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

You should take a look at this link:

http://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-marketing/t/how-to-add-google-dynamic-remarketing-code-in-s...

It recommend using the following syntax:

ecomm_prodid: '{{ product.id }}',
ecomm_pagetype: '{{ template }}',
ecomm_totalvalue: '{{ product.price_min | money_without_currency }}'

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Shopify has a help article covering that:

http://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-marketing/t/how-to-add-google-dynamic-remarketing-code-in-s...

This is the syntax they recommend to pass dynamic parameters to the AdWords remarketing tag:

ecomm_prodid: '{{ product.id }}',

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Shopify has a help article on their website covering how to implement the AdWords tag for dynamic remarketing, the syntax they recommend is this:

ecomm_prodid: '{{ product.id }}',

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
I'm now trying to implement this through GTM.... I've tried adding these values as a google_params layer, but it throws up an error since it thinks that anything within the {{ }} is a macro...

i've added a new macro with the string inside it, and have called that instead - no error warnings, but I will not know for a couple of days if this is working on my campaigns....