AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Parameters in Ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Just wondering if I can insert some sort of parameter or script to change ads based on location e.g. if the keyword was 'florist in London' could I change my ad to mention London in the copy then obviously change with another location?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hello @Matt L,yes. It's possible. 

First you have to create a feed. Please use this article > Targeting attributes as a reference. 

Then create new ads which would contain location function. 

Please let me know if you would have additional questions.

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi 

If you want to have a variable in ad which will change based on geo location of user that I dont think is possible at all. We ad customizers and param service you can have some dynamic parameters in ad but they are not dependent on real time location of user.

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Matt,

I agree with Nick, this is not possible at this time. What you can do is use Geo-targetting. You would need to set up separate campaigns for each location. Then create ads within your ad groups that include the targeted area in the title or text.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords