AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Location insertion

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

As Always Google offered something New, Exciting and Challenging...

I'm referring to the new Location Insertion and i basically want to get a better understanding on what were talking here.

Let's put it this way: Until now you had the ability to add Location Extensions and target users geographically etc. and offer them the location.

Now, even if i only have locations in New York, and a Searcher in California enters: "Buy Google Adwords California", i can generate him an add that its headline reads: "Buy Google Adwords California"? If so, How do i implement it...

(By the way, this post used to be "Mini's Job)...

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Dynamic Location insertion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I have not tested this new feature yet but from the way I understand it the parameters are tied in through your places extensions (that is why the location extension is necessary) and if the location matches up with the location of the person doing the search then presto it happens.

These three parameters are available:

• City: {lb.city:default}
  • Postal code: {lb.postalCode:default}
  • Phone number: {lb.telephone:default}

More at this Help Center Doc: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2404182#insertion

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Just to clarify things for myself and to see whether I have understood it correctly...

1.) If Jay had a campaign targeting the whole world and used the ad headline:

Food Tasting in {lb.city:default}

If I was then in Liverpool and triggered Jay's ad, would the headline automatically change to:

Food Tasting in Liverpool ?

2.) Let's say Jay was only offering his food tasting service in London but had his geo targeting set for the entire United Kingdom, his headline is:

Food Tasting in {lb.city.London}

If I trigger his ad from outside London in Liverpool the ad will read:

Food Tasting in London 

As Jay does not provide his service outside London and it therefore reverts to the default (being London).

The main question is whether the insertion is determined by IP or keyword? 

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

It's both, IP or keywords. And it depends on how you set up your location targeting for the campaign settings.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

You can fine more information in the following Thread

Raghu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been trying to use this feature I set it up correctly but I can not make it show my zip code or city.  Is there any way to test to make sure its working properly?  Everytime I search for it, it shows the default.  I have even allowed enought space in the add to populate the city name or zip.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
The craziest thing is they took all mentions of this out. They used to have it in the blog post, the valutrack parameters and some other places, but they are now gone. I wonder if Google is trying to twilight it. This is a very powerful feature.

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner
They already have. There a was an announcement about it in June sometime?? A lot of people missed it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have been performing research on this topic, is this still an active feature/acceptable?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I spoke with Adwords support today and they confirmed that the feature still functions appropriately and it is still acceptable per their usage policies. (REP: Yashwanth [7-3467000004011] )