AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Location Insertion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm working on a campaign that targets services nationally (UK only) and need to be able to create an add title that looks something like this:

Breakdown Assistance in {LOCATION GOES HERE}, where the location in brackets is created dynamically according to the users search term. The website that this will be pointing at will be a national database and its important that the user is not limited to only seeing locations based on his/her IP but the actual Search Term entered.

I understand that the {KeyWordSmiley Frustratedearch} might do the job but I was hoping to make the ads more uniform in their appearance by only making the location the Dynamically created content. Looking through the forums the new location targeting that's linked to Google My Business (e.g. lb.city:london ) probably isn't going to work as it relies on the My Business account being optimised for a particular place which would mean thousands of entries. 

Thanks in advance

Sam

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sam J
September 2015

Re: Dynamic Location Insertion

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sam;

This is a nice question;

However, I don't think that you can dynamically Geo target based on the user's search intent (i.e. Based on the location name included in  the search query)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sam J
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sam;

This is a nice question;

However, I don't think that you can dynamically Geo target based on the user's search intent (i.e. Based on the location name included in  the search query)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Sam, 

It does not seem to be possible. As Dyanamic Keywords Insertion is not supported anymore, and Dynamic Keyword Insertion or Ad Customizers do not seem to address this particular scenario precisely. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, thanks guys. I was coming to the same conclusion as well, just hoping I'd missed something.

Thanks again

Sam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am using Dynamic Keywords as setup by my Google Account Manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google Dynamic Keyword modifiers do work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have the same problem. Nightmare.

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This early 2015 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.