AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Location Insertion documentation?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm learning about Location Extensions. Somewhere in the Adwords documentation there is an example of using Location parameters to dynamically alter your Ad. As so:

Cameras in {lb.city:California}
High-quality cameras, film, lenses.
Call {lb.telephone:1-800-STEVE} to order!
www.example.com/{lb.city:California}

However, other than this example. I haven't found any notes on which parameters are available or how to use them. When I search for "location parameters" in Adwords Support, I find this in the search results:

Display your local business information

You can use location-specific parameters to dynamically replace the city name, postal code, and phone number. The parameters can be inserted into your ad ...

Which seems to explain what I'm looking for. But when I enter that documentation page there is nothing written about it. Does this mean they are no longer supporting this feature?

Thanks.

Re: Dynamic Location Insertion documentation?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Gordon,

I've not had a lot of experience with them but Kim_Clink & ScottyD provided some useful information on the dynamic location insertion on a past community thread.

Does that help you out a bit more?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah, I read it, but that post is from one year ago and Kim links to the same page where that documentation can't be found anymore.

My concern is not finding official documentation in the Google Adwords Support site. I'm wondering if it's because they are no longer supporting this feature. Or maybe they erased the information by mistake in the last edit?

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

That's because this feature no longer exists. (From what I recall.)