AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Landing Pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Are there any ways to "read" the individual visiting your pages, then code a dynamic headline or text into the page because of this?

For example, if somebody clicks a search ad, is it possible to read their cookies for their gender or zip code and then dynamically insert a different headline or banner? I know this is possible with keyword parameters, but are there any other ways?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Landing Pages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Diana,

I would say no and even say it would likely lead to the ads be disabled or the account being suspended. I say this since the content on the ad's landing page needs to be the same for all users, regardless of how they get into the page (ad traffic or organic traffic).

It could very well be deemed cloaking (showing different content to Google than to the user for malicious purposes, which is a serious non-fixable policy violation), even though you are not doing it for malicious purposes. Yes, I know I am using the "abusing the ad network" policy loosely... but so does AdWords at times. 

Circumventing systems

The following is not allowed:

Engaging in practices that attempt to circumvent or interfere with Google's advertising systems and processes

Examples: Cloaking; using dynamic DNS to switch page or ad content; manipulating ad text or site content in order to bypass our automated system checks; restricting access to so many of your landing pages that it makes it difficult to meaningfully review your ad, site, or account

All the Best,

James