AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Keyword Insertion as a custom parameter in Final URLs?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to ad DKI as a custom parameter that would swap out on my landing page. Before Final URLs my Destination URL looked like this: www.helpme.com/?keyword=Health%20Insurance. I now want www.helpme.com in the Final URL and the DKI part as a parameter so I can change it without having to go through the review process. Is that possible and how do I do it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Keyword Insertion as a custom parameter in Final URLs?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Jenny, 

Welcome to the AdWords Community and thanks for posting your question here. 

You can have DKI as a custom parameter. But all the existing URL validation rules for destination URLs also apply to final URLs. So I'm not quite sure if you can avoid the review process. 

Anyway, let me double check and update this thread.

Thanks, 

Mini

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Jenny, further to @Mini-CM 's reply, the purpose of Final URLs is not to avoid the review process but to avoid deleting and creating new Ads following a change to the URL tracking only.  As Mini has said, all Ads have to go through the review process and Final URLs don't dodge this...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The point of this question is not whether or not the ad will have to go through the review process, but how to set up dki as a parameter.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Sorry Jenny, your original post said:

"...DKI part as a parameter so I can change it without having to go through the review process."

Which made it look like you were concerned about the review process.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jon,

Sorry for making that unclear.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

Hi Jenny, 

You can now discuss all your Final URL questions directly with the Product Manager via this thread.

Hope that helps, 

Mini