AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Keyword Insertion For Local Area Names

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Guys - a question about DKI. A business seems to get much better CTR on ads where the searched suburb name is in the title. I have done location targeting for stores covering a few km's around each business premise. These are high density locations and each cover a high number of suburbs all within a few KM's. Each business premise is split at campaign level and at ad group I have split the main suburbs this location services. Now I would like to dynamically insert the searched suburb name for the longtail of other suburb names. E.g.

If someone searches on of these KW's;

York tiles

York cheap tiles

London tiles

London cheap tiles

New York tiles

New York cheap tiles

etc

They would get an ad with the headline

"{Suburb}" Tiles For Your Home

Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance for your advice.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Keyword Insertion For Local Area Names

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Angus,

The key here is that you need to have that location as a keyword in your ad group which you want to dynamically insert when someone searches for that location in their search query. Note that it's not the search query which is replaced in DKI, but the keyword which has to be there in your ad group.

More details can be found here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So it seems this wouldn't work then. To continue the example if I put;

Headline: {keyword:York} Tiles For Your Home

This would only work for one suburb.

Is there a way to simply match the search words as the ad header? I have very specific terms so if I did exact match this would look on.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
The term could only be matched if that's actually in your ad group as a keyword as I mentioned above.