AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Custom Parameter Issue!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello PPC'er,

I have a notification regarding dynamic custom parameter as below:

"The tag is active but we found some issues with your custom parameters"

Error is "Custom parameter "edu_pid" and feed value don't match"

Please suggest what should i do to fix this issue.

With Regards

Arun Jha

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Custom Parameter Issue!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Akjha,

It clearly indicates that the Program ID that you are supplying to the feed and the actual ID that you're referring on the website do not match. You need to make sure that these two match with each other. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ratan,

Thanks for your response. I have cross checked and i didn't find any mismatch regarding product id between id in feed and id in custom parameter on the web pages.

I have updated the dynamic remarketing code along with the custom parameter values across all pages on our website.

For your information, It's also showing a notification as mismatch product id for the products items i haven't created in the feed, however the dynamic remarketing code is updated on the web pages for these items too. If i haven't created feed for those items then how can it notify for mismatching product id.

Warm Regards:

Arun Jha

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Arun,

Are you using Education Specific Feed headings, formats and passing the relevant custom parameters in the remarketing tag?

As I don't think that on Education Specific Feed, there should something like Product ID, it should be Program ID. 

Then, your remarketing code should have the relevant custom parameters ike edu_pidedu_pagetypeedu_plocid, and edu_totalvalue.

All these should match with the relevant feed fields values. 

If you have done it all, have you tried testing it with Tag Assistant? Does it throw any error?

Reply with your findings. We will dig further if possible. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Ratan,

Yes, I'am using education specific feed and sorry for mentioning product id instead of program id. I have Google tag assistant and it is not showing any error.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Well Arun, in that case, it is really difficult for anybody to troubleshoot without looking at the code implementation and the feed structure. 

Could you share you landing page URL here?

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Sure, Please find below;

http://goo.gl/B4JQ4P

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Arun, your custom parameter edu_pagetype is defined wrongly. It says Course_Pages at the moment. 

It should be any one of the below values -

home, searchresults, program, lead, complete, other

You should ideally be using 'Program' here. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arun Jha
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ratan,

Thanks for your kind response.

It is not a hard & fast rule that we need to keep the pagetype variable value to be one of the following variables "home, searchresults, program, lead, complete, other", the pagetype is a variable which we can define to be anything, it depends on us what we decide to call it.

Also custom parameter value is correct showing as Google Adwords notifications.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Some times adwords notifications are wrong. After all they are just machinesSmiley Happy If the list is growing then there is no problem!