AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Duration of a Custom Combination Remarketing list

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hi,

I just created a RML (ReMarketing List) for 1 day duration, and one for 3 days duration on analytics.

Then, on Adwords, I created a custom combination RML that:

Contains 3 days RML

Does not contact 1 day RML

Does not contain Converted Leads

This is so I can remarket to the users after the 1st day passes, and for 2nd day and 3rd day only.

I'm wondering what happens after the 3rd day... will this list continue being marketed to since this custom combination list doesn't really have a "Duration"?

Please help

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Duration of a Custom Combination Remarketing list

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi there,

Re-marketing lists have a look back window (usually 30 days) to capture users. however they do not have a end duration as you said. If the custom combination list has users, ads would be re-marketed until the campaign is live. To stop this, you'll have to pause the campaign/ad group.

Hope that helps!
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello, Mark.

The two lists (3 and 1 day) are constantly updated and each cookie's length is determined by these conditions. Today, on this list will be people (cookies) who visited yesterday and the day before yesterday. Tomorrow, it will contain people who visited today and yesterday.

If somebody visits today and then no longer visits the website for a week, they will only see ads tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.

Hope I managed to clear things up for you.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Hi Adwiser,

Thanks.. so basically, you're saying since these lists have their own durations, I need not worry them being eternally remarketed to because they fall off the lists as those 'days' move on?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hello, Mark. Sure. Being a combination, both conditions have to be met, every time an ad could be served to that audience. If they are outside the 3 day window required by the first list, they don't get served ads.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Gotcha, thank you so very much Calin!