AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate problem: ONE keyword is GDN 'the duplicate' keyword is search engine.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

Google aren't showing one ad due to 'duplicate' keyword. 
There is a duplicate, but one keyword is only for GDN (display) and one is only for Search Enginge. 

It's set up like this for about 187 words so either 0 or 187 'duplicates', but some is okej, some is not.

Does it has to do with the fact that I just yesterday set up the new GDN campain and that in the beginning that campain was for both GDN and Search, and yesterday afternoon I changed it to be only GDN

Regards Thomas, 0046 (0) 702975132

thomas@sem-manager.com

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Duplicate problem: ONE keyword is GDN 'the duplicate' keyword is search engine.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello SEM-manager; Welcome;

Keywords on GDN and on search act / work differently. While on search the system looks for the best match between a keyword and a search query; on GDN there is a different algorithm, also known as "contextual targeting".

Thus; duplicate keywords on search and GDN, in different campaigns, should not affect / block each other.

How is your GDN campaign set? (Keywords?; placements?; topics? ...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Duplicate problem: ONE keyword is GDN 'the duplicate' keyword is search engine.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi SEM-manager,

I would agree with you on this. Originally starting the campaign as both search and display would have caused these messages to appear. After turning off search in the campaign, the messages/warnings should stop.

Some changes in your account take a little while to propogate to all db servers, and there is no guarantee which db server you will get, even for data on a single page in the UI. There is no diagnostic tool for the DN, either, and little way to find your ad showing. The messages may continue through today but should be all done by tomorrow.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords