AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate keywords in Multi-vendor Multi-Region campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a graceful way to deal with overlapping keywords in multi-vendor, multi region campaigns?

For example:
Vendor 1 Ships to CA, TX, and NY

Product1: Widget

Product2: Gadget Red

Vendor 2 ships to NJ, PA, and NY

Product1: Hat

Product2: Gadget Red

Product3: Gadget Blue

So I want to make two campaigns.  One for each vendor.  In each campaign, each product will have a separate adgroup so that they can be paused/enabled as products go out of stock or become available again.

In the event that both vendors have Red Gadgets in stock and the search origninates from NY, I don't want the campaigns competing with each other.

I also want to make a 3rd generic campaign that lists Gadgets (irrespective of color) for generic searches.

I have a list of over 10,000 products carried by 4 major vendors, all with unique inventories and regions.

Any graceful way of dealing with this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Duplicate keywords in Multi-vendor Multi-Region campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi blbarber57, it really depends upon who these "vendors" are.  If they're Adwords clients - distinct legal business entities - then the best way to deal with the situation is to have an account for each vendor, managed under an MCC.  If the relationship is something different you may well need to use multiple campaigns under a single account but in this case bear in mind that Adwords will only serve one Ad where keywords and location targeting are the same between two Ad Groups.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits