AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate keyword

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I came to know duplicate words lower the optimization. I have few duplicate keyword in my list. The difference is one starts with upper case and other with lower case. Both the words are getting clicks.

Should I keep both of them or remove the one with lower click for better optimization?

Thanks & warm regards

Luth-fi

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Duplicate keyword

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Luth-fi,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Duplicate keywords certainly degrade the account performance as far as the best practices are considered. Hence you should definitely consider eliminating the ones which are creating negative impacts in the sense that they have low CTR, low Quality Score etc...

There is a tool called Adwords Editor which is excellent in finding duplicate keywords. I would encourage you to install it if you haven't and then eliminate the duplicate keywords as soon as possible. 

You can read more about it here.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear Pankaj Sir,

Appreciative of your for your prompt reply. The pleasure is all mines to be member of such a dynamic forum.

As per your instruction I have downloaded Adwords Editor and got the list of duplicate keywords. The thing that is making them duplicate is, the first alphabet is in lower case & upper case (eg. Indian Culture Center -indian culture center) and both the words are getting clicks.

My question is should I keep both of them or remove the one with lower click for better optimization?

Thanks & warm regards,

Luth-fi Ahmed

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author luthfe
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello,

You should remove the ones with lower clicks, low CTR, low Quality Score (be it upper case or lower case) and make sure that only unique keywords are present. You can cross check the data in your regular Adwords interface.

Best of Luck!
Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear Pankaj Sir,

Thank you verry much

Will implement your recomendations. 

Warm regards,

Luth-fi