AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Download Selected Accounts in Editor not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Normally in Editor I can select all my acounts in the Add/manage accounts dialogue box and then click "Download Selected Accounts." Editor would then download data for all my accounts. This feature is now either disabled or only works for 3-4 selected accounts. I think the feature is a little buggy because the button randomly will be grayed out, even if I selected accounts that, in a previous session (a few minutes old), it was available. I have version 9.8.1.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Download Selected Accounts in Editor not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

AdWordsEng-Igor,

After further investigation I determined the issue. In previous versions of Editor I could shift + click all my accounts and download them, regardless if I saw the "Post completed" dialogue box from previous changes. It appears in the new version I have to view this dialogue box before an account is eligible to be included in a "Download Selected Accounts" action.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had the same problem.

The fix was to in the 'Get recent changes' rather than 'download all accounts' I specifically selected all the accounts via 'Campaigns I select'

After I did that once 'download all accounts' worked correctly.

Wierd error indeed.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adwordtiser,

I was going to suggest that you raise your issue here as there is a special effort going on right now with issues surrounding the new AE.  But as I opened the thread, I notice your issue was already added to the list.

Just wanted to let you know what was happening.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Adwordtiser,

Could you be more specific? What happens when you select more than 3-4 accounts, that suggests to you that the feature doesn't work? Would it be possible to show a screenshot where the button is disabled when you think it shouldn't be?

Is it possible that some of the accounts you've selected are already being downloaded or uploaded in the background? You can open Activity Manager window (Account > View activity manager) to see all accounts where a download or upload operation is currently in progress.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

AdWordsEng-Igor,

After further investigation I determined the issue. In previous versions of Editor I could shift + click all my accounts and download them, regardless if I saw the "Post completed" dialogue box from previous changes. It appears in the new version I have to view this dialogue box before an account is eligible to be included in a "Download Selected Accounts" action.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had the same problem.

The fix was to in the 'Get recent changes' rather than 'download all accounts' I specifically selected all the accounts via 'Campaigns I select'

After I did that once 'download all accounts' worked correctly.

Wierd error indeed.