AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Downgrading MCC access level

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We got an MCC in which 4 users have administrative access (me and 3 others).

I would like to downgrade the access level of one of these users to read-only. However, I only see a possibillity to end his access alltogether which is not what I want.

Is there anyway to do this without removing his access and re-inviting him to get read-only access?

Any insights are much appreciated!

Reinout.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rynout
September 2015

Re: Downgrading MCC access level

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Reinout,

The MCC does have a read-only access level, but if you're unable to set this, there's two likely causes:

#1 - The Account you're using as a login doesn't itself have permission to change other user access levels.

#2 - The other users are joined to the MCC as client managers, not as users.

I think the second one above is more likely.  Client managers only have one level of access and this cannot be changed.  If you have one person you want to have only read-access to the Accounts within the MCC, you'll need to revoke their client manager access then add an eligible Account as a user with Read Access.  

Note: like in all other cases, the Google Account used for this user cannot be associated with any other AdWords Account.

More on MCC access levels here (way down the page):

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704399#access

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rynout
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Reinout,

The MCC does have a read-only access level, but if you're unable to set this, there's two likely causes:

#1 - The Account you're using as a login doesn't itself have permission to change other user access levels.

#2 - The other users are joined to the MCC as client managers, not as users.

I think the second one above is more likely.  Client managers only have one level of access and this cannot be changed.  If you have one person you want to have only read-access to the Accounts within the MCC, you'll need to revoke their client manager access then add an eligible Account as a user with Read Access.  

Note: like in all other cases, the Google Account used for this user cannot be associated with any other AdWords Account.

More on MCC access levels here (way down the page):

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704399#access

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Reinout,

Welcome to the AdWords Community! I believe if you will click on Administrative Access, you will see dropdown to change the access level. If you won't find it let me know I will provide you screenshot.

Edit: Oh I Missed Jon's reply.

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’