AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

DoubleClick bidding vs Adwords' Target CPA

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, 

I currently work for a company that manages its bidding via DoubleClick, which (I assume) allows its customers to set a specific cost/vonv. target.

What confuses me is that Google Adwords already offers an automated bidding feature which does the same thing (Target CPA), so I would like to understand what exactly the difference is, and more specifically : 
-How often does Target CPA adjust my bids based on past performance

-What level of granularity can I get with Target CPA? Can I set it up on an ad group/keyword level, or is it only on campaign level?

Thanks for your help.

Antoine

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Antoine,

Thanks for posting in the AdWords Community! While I can't speak on the differences between DoubleClick and AdWords, I'm more than happy to explain the questions you asked from an AdWords specific lens. 

One of the best things about our automated bid strategies, specifically Target CPA, is that they use machine learning for auction time bidding. Meaning that the bid strategy is automatically adjusting your bids for every ad auction you enter in order to best get you clicks that will lead to the Target CPA that you set.

You can apply the Target CPA at the campaign and the ad group level but not at the keyword level. You can learn more here

I hope this point you in the right direction! If you have other questions, please let us know.

Best,

Jens

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That answers my question. Thank you Jens.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jensen

Could you elaborate this part of Antoines question further? Or point med in the direction of someone who can? Smiley Happy 

"What confuses me is that Google Adwords already offers an automated bidding feature which does the same thing (Target CPA), so I would like to understand what exactly the difference is"

What is the difference between the two autobidding opportunities? And how can it be so much better that it justifies such a substantial investment in the DoubleClick stack?