AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Domain featured at start of headline

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I know that your domain can be promoted to appear at the end of your headline, but is anyone aware of the domain appearing at the START of the headline?

I just saw this ad text... 

qantas.com.au - Qantas™ Flights - Fly To Australia From £982

www.qantas.com.au/uk

Book Online Now.

I dont believe the headline could have been entered like this because it would be too long, so it must be an example of the domain being promoted - but to the start of the headline!

Can anyone shed ant light on this one.

Thanks

Paul

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Domain featured at start of headline

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Paul,

You are probably talking about the ads above the natural search engine results, where Google sometimes append the first and second line of description and sometimes have the display URL append with the headline. The way you write ads in Adwords interface remains the same, it's only the way they are represented. You can read more about it in this article.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Paul,

I noticed similar ads today.

I think this is another test from Google. Changing the domain name from the end of headline to the beginning of the headline.

Info

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hello all, 

Yes, this is a new format for text ads above the natural search results, whereby the display URL can be moved to the top line next to the ad headline.

This blog post has some neat information on this, which is slightly different to the help centre article, and might be useful for you!

Hope this helps!

A. 

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I noticed that my position 1 ads are now appearing with the domain name first (the way Paul described it, not like it's shown in the blog link). I actually prefer it this way.