AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Does that make any difference?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

I want to know that if I use SEO+Company and SEO+Company+Toronto so, does it make any sense. I think both the keywords will have their own entities like quality scores etc..Please do let me know what is the difference between the two?

Saurabh

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does that make any difference?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello ppcsaurabh; Welcome to Adwords community;

I do NOT use geographic names / location name where you could easily target a geographic area. (Like in Canada)

So I would go with SEO Company (chose your preferred match type - that's another topic you can find many discussions about, by searching the community), and Geo target the Toronto area.

Read more:

An Introduction to AdWords Targeting

How to Use and Understand Location Targeting

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hey Saurabh,

There is a different between the 2 keywords. when you use only SEO company, the search volumes for this keyword will be more.. so will the CPC bids for this as the competition will be high.
SEO Company Toronto - is a more specific keyword which may have lesser competition and lower CPC bids.
I agree with Moshe when he says that if you are using geo targeting only to a specific location like Toronto, you need not have specific location keywords.But if you have a larger targeting area, you may want to try it out.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Just to add to Moshe and Shweta have already said, I'd target these 2 keywords in different ad groups and would tailor my ads accordingly to highlight the fact that the business is located in Toronto when the searcher is looking for that.

While you can get away with targeting Toronto as a city and using the generic 'seo company' as a keyword, adding the location quantifier would ensure that you definitely show up for searchers who are looking for a company located in toronto, with dedicated ad messaging for the same.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi there, 

Yes, you are right, the two different keywords will have different qulity score as they will have different performance history. It may be worth experimenting with both these two keywords, running them for a week or so, then comparing their performance. If one has a better CTR than the other or is leading to greater conversions, this may be telling you it is working better for your campaign. 

Hope this helps!

A.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I would like to clear my situation. I've targeted Canada as a whole and initially I started with the keyword SEO+Company and then I saw that this keyword was accruing impressions only with no ample clicks. Now I want to try seo+company+toronto.

Thanks guys for your expertise. I'm glad to be the part of this Community Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hey Saurabh,

SEO Company is a broad term. This is the keyword that would get you more impressions.
If you decide to target SEO company Toronto, it becomes more specific. Here you will accrue lesser impressions.
I see your problem is with clicks not impressions. So I'd suggest you focus more on improving your ad text. If you create more relevant ads, users searching for these keywords maybe more prone to clicking your ad.
Making more relevant ads could also mean you may need to restructure your account a bit.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Saurabh

I personally don't target location specific keywords and as a normal search behaviour I don't often expect a user in a particular city to search for things with his/her city name in the query. Location specific searches are majorly carried by people outside your targeted geography who are looking for stuff in that location!

There can be another way if you want to target both the keywords or "seo company toronto" but I am not sure if you want to target the business to people outside "Toronto" or within "Toronto", but by using the "advanced location option" you can accomplish any of the desired objectives.

You can create a separate campaign targeting "Toronto" and use the location specific keyword. If you only want to target users in "Toronto" you can select "Target by physical location" and if you want to target users in the entire country ie "Canada" searching for the company in Toronto select "Target by physical location or search intent".

Make sure to exclude "Toronto" from the campaign which specifically targets the whole country.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Shweta and Mudit for your suggestions. I'm having four regions of Canada to target my services and I've created one campaign only with four Adgroups targeting 4 regions, therefore this is the reason why I'm using location specific keywords.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Your initial approach is flawed..Create 4 different campaigns targeting the 4 locations...Then make a choice to use location specific keywords and the advanced location options catering your needs..