AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Does someone know about "Failure to disclose associated fees" Google Policies?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone!

Google has suspended my client Ads because there's a "failure to disclose associated fees" on the landing page. (for more details: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2464998?hl=en&ref_topic=1626336 ) The problem is that we cannot disclose details about prices because this is an insurance company (they require clients informations for a quote). I've asked for more details, but Google is not very cooperative.

It beats me... Do you have an idea?

Here's the link : http://www.oilandgasinsurance.ca/

Thanks!

Marie-Pier

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marie-Pier P
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @RobSkelton, @MosheTLV - The landing page has been revised a second time and has been accepted. Strangely enough, we did not do any of the suggested edits. I think what made the difference the second time around is a more extensive case presenting the legal context around the process of selling insurance in Canada. Maybe the lesson here is that if you make your case on that there are no gimmicks here, that the law is fully respected, then you can cross your fingers. Cheers.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Marie-Pier P

Please share your URL so we can see the site and possibly pick up on Google's angle. Clearly insurance premiums are on a case by case basis...

Re: Does someone know about "Failure to disclose associated fees" Google Policies?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just updated my post Smiley Happy Here's the link : http://www.oilandgasinsurance.ca/

Thanks a lot!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Marie-Pier P

This is  niche specialty insurance (vs. insurance for consumers). This has to be explained to CS

Having said that, since this is a financial product there are disclosures that must be met. (e.g are you acting as a broker or as an insurer, a proper disclosure  as required by regulations etc...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Marie-Pier P

Also, to avoid any future problems with Google, I would make the quote form secure.

And, in my experience, having words like guarantee, best and fastest on your site will mean more attention from Google's bots and more scrutiny. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, thank you for the tip but, how is "As one of Alberta’s leading insurance brokers" not a proper disclosure that the company acts as a broker?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, thank you Rob for the tip. OK, so, we're in the nitty gritty then. So we should take off this bullet "The best & fastest client service in the industry" and this one "Exclusive MONEY BACK 24 Hour written Service Guarantee", may be relace them with "We're registered with the Alberta Insurance Council" with a link to it... Am I on the right track  here?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marie-Pier P
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @RobSkelton, @MosheTLV - The landing page has been revised a second time and has been accepted. Strangely enough, we did not do any of the suggested edits. I think what made the difference the second time around is a more extensive case presenting the legal context around the process of selling insurance in Canada. Maybe the lesson here is that if you make your case on that there are no gimmicks here, that the law is fully respected, then you can cross your fingers. Cheers.