AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Does "Optimize for Conversions" ad rotation use "Conversions" or "All Conversions"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm just trying to clarify... sometimes AdWords seems to use "all conversions" when it means "conversions". "Conversions" are those configured with 'Included in "Conversions"'.

For ad rotation, can we confirm that it uses "Conversions"?  Here's what I got from our Google rep:

Now, from what I understand, all sorts of conversion-optimization within AdWords only uses conversions that are included in conversions, since that is what is "declared" as conversions by the client.

If anyone knows definitively then I'd love to know. And while we're on the topic, do View Through Conversions use "Conversions" or "All Conversions". Another thread alluded that they were "All Conversions".

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Does "Optimize for Conversions" ad rotation use "Conversions" or "All Conversions"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jason L

Google says that the data in the “Conversions” column is used by bidding strategies that focus on conversions. And we know that ad rotation targeting conversions are definitely a conversion optimization strategy. Hence, only the conversions that you add to 'included in conversions' are taken into account while doing any optimization for conversion.

To your second question, 'View Through Conversions' is just an informational column. It gives you an insight about how effectively your ad targeting is reaching to the right segment of people. There's no way a campaign can be optimized for VTC.

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Well, Google does not disclose the machine  learning process of  to optimize for conversions. I assume that the whole funnel until the user converts (or abandons) is taken into account.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’