AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Does "10,000 negative keywords per campaign" limit apply to 12,000 negatives in an ad group?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey everyone,

If I have an ad group with let's say, 12,000 negative keywords, does this limit of "10,000 negative keywords per campaign" apply to my case? Or is this limit only for campaign-level keyword lists?

Cheers,

Michal

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does "10,000 negative keywords per campaign" limit apply to 12,000 negatives in an ad

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello @Michal B,

Welcome to adwords community.

According this URL:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704396?hl=en

This are limits:

20 shared negative placement lists per account

65,000 placements per negative placement list

11,000 shared budgets per account

20 shared negative keyword lists per account*

5,000 keywords per negative keyword list*

10,000 negative keywords per campaign

So It is not possible to add more then 10,000 negative keywords per campaign.

Regards

mohit

Re: Does "10,000 negative keywords per campaign" limit apply to 12,000 negatives in an ad

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello Michal,

All you need to do is to ensure that you fit into the limits that AdWords has already set for the account for different parameters like negative keywords, placements etc...

To be honest with you adding 12000 negative keywords at the ad group level is way beyond the standards. I would recheck and build the keywords list again for effective targeting if I would have been there at your place.

Pankaj

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Michal,

Good suggestion/solution have already been mentioned here.

I would like to know how you are using your negative keywords, if you can share some examples.
As adwords limits for anything is too large that I have never used/heard anyone going beyond these.
In case if negative keywords are in exact match, you can use in broad to reduce the number of keywords in the list.

This limit of 10k is for whole campaign, its upto you whether you can use 9999 in 1 adgroup and only 1 in other. So, its the collective limit for all the adgroup within a specific campaign.

If you can reduce the negative keywords, then better to bifurcate you campaigns further which will allow you to add 10k more negative keywords.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’