AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Does anyone know how I can schedule my ads to run certain times of the day? Howie246

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone know how I can schedule my ads to run certain times of the day?  I went to "Ad Scheduling" and it says "go to settings, then go to advance settings and schedule your ads",  but there is no "Advanced Scheduling" button to click on in "Settings".  Does anyone konw where that button is?  Howie246  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Howie246
September 2015

Re: Does anyone know how I can schedule my ads to run certain times of the day? Howie246

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

If you go into the settings for this campapign - right at the top there is an option under the General section for Type... this needs to be set to All Features and not Standard Settings.

I think that when you change this you might lose all your other settings so you'll want to make a note of what they were before doing this (you may not since the campaign has laready been set up - I'm not sure - but stray on the safe side of things.

In most cases you'll want to chose All Features as a matter of course - it's Google's way of making things easier for new advertisers, but it is very limiting.

Also - just as a note... when you set scheduling it is set to YOUR time zone - not the user. So If you are in New York, and your campaign targets the UK you need to add the five hour difference - so - you want your ads to start appearing at noon in London - you'd need to set the campaign to start at 7am

it's a little confusing - and it does mean that you often have to set up different campaigns for different geo target areas - your ads are either on or off at any time - and that is your time - so be careful with this!

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

Re: Does anyone know how I can schedule my ads to run certain times of the day? Howie246

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello, Howie246, 

Welcome to adwords community, 

For more information regarding add shedule, read this article 

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404244?hl=en&

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for you reply but there is no "Advanced Settings" button to click on; which the article you sent me speaks about.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Howie246,

You read this article carefully

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404244?hl=en&

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Howie246
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

If you go into the settings for this campapign - right at the top there is an option under the General section for Type... this needs to be set to All Features and not Standard Settings.

I think that when you change this you might lose all your other settings so you'll want to make a note of what they were before doing this (you may not since the campaign has laready been set up - I'm not sure - but stray on the safe side of things.

In most cases you'll want to chose All Features as a matter of course - it's Google's way of making things easier for new advertisers, but it is very limiting.

Also - just as a note... when you set scheduling it is set to YOUR time zone - not the user. So If you are in New York, and your campaign targets the UK you need to add the five hour difference - so - you want your ads to start appearing at noon in London - you'd need to set the campaign to start at 7am

it's a little confusing - and it does mean that you often have to set up different campaigns for different geo target areas - your ads are either on or off at any time - and that is your time - so be careful with this!

Hope that helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Sticklebax.  Problem solved!