AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Does anyone have IP addresses of crawlers of Adwords spy sites?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to include the IP addresses of these spy sites in the IP Exclusion...anyone doing this as well?

If so, can I have your ip list?

thanks

Rob

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert K
September 2015

Re: Does anyone have IP addresses of crawlers of Adwords spy sites?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Rob,
Unfortunately, you'll have to create this list yourself from your own data. There's no list in a repository or anything like that.

Also, these guys change their IPs frequently so it's almost pointless with a static list. As most of them don't generate any clicks, just quality score reducing impressions, it's difficult to use your own data. We just have to trust that Google is doing it's best to filter them out on their end.

Alternatively, you could contact them all and see if they'll give you a list of the IP ranges that they use. I know I'd pay for that list!

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

I'm not sure what you mean by "spy sites" but if you block the AdWords crawlers, your website will appear to be nonfunctional and your ads won't be eligible for serving.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert K
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Rob,
Unfortunately, you'll have to create this list yourself from your own data. There's no list in a repository or anything like that.

Also, these guys change their IPs frequently so it's almost pointless with a static list. As most of them don't generate any clicks, just quality score reducing impressions, it's difficult to use your own data. We just have to trust that Google is doing it's best to filter them out on their end.

Alternatively, you could contact them all and see if they'll give you a list of the IP ranges that they use. I know I'd pay for that list!