AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Does Youtube advertising supports malayalam??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would like to know whether i can upload an TV Ad based on Malayalam language and advertise at youtube??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does Youtube advertising supports malayalam??

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Here is a full list of languages supported by Adwords;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704376?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't know what does the language of the AdWords interface has to do with possible policy restrictions from uploading Video ads but... here is the the TrueView Video ads policy and it seems to have no restrictions vs. the language used in the Video :

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2679940?hl=en

This is a key phrase :

"  What's the policy?

..... The rules that apply to text ads generally apply to TrueView video ads, too.  "

and also this 

"  Content requirements Family status

Google assigns a family status to all ads to make sure that ads are shown to an appropriate audience. InVideo ads and the content they point to must be “family safe.” InVideo ads and their associated websites cannot contain “non-family” or “adult” content. YouTube age-restricted videos cannot be promoted in TrueView ads.  "

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Adrian

I disagree that this is Policy issue.

How did you conclude that this is a Policy issue?

This is a simple issue of language targeting. Whether  an  ad in a specific language (in this case a language - to my knowledge -  spoken in one of the states of India) could be matched / targeted to  users speaking this language (based on their browser preferences). 

The issue in question is language targeting and not ad approval status;

>>" If you are running an In-Stream ad or Promoted Video ad, we recommend targeting the language in which your video is produced. For example, if your ad is written in English, target English-speaking users. Similarly, if your video contains Spanish dialogue, target Spanish-speaking users. Remember that Google won't translate your ad for you"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Malayalam is an indian dialect and the only dialect I know to be supported from India is Hindi. So if this question is about targeting only users who speak this dialect Malayalam , it cannot be done from AdWords, right ?

"How did you conclude that this is a Policy issue? "

There is no mention of language targeting in the question from message 1 so I interpreted the words "Can I" as in "am I allowed?"

The first concern of the user was if he/she can upload the video . Why would this concern exist if not because of a precaution before breaching some rules ? "I would like to know whether i can upload an TV Ad based on Malayalam language".

Besides i got confused by the text in the link provided in message 2 :

"The table below shows all the languages that you can select when using the AdWords interface."

Note

These languages are different from the ones you can target."

So the initial answer was about what language the user can select for their adwords interface, which made me think if the question wasn't about something else .

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
OK; I see your point. Thanks for clarifying