AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Does The Ad Preview Tool Work With RLSAs ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an audience of visitors in the last 14 days and two campaigns that are mutually exclusive based on this audience. I.e. one campaign targets the audience, the other excludes it. The ad-groups and keywords are identical, however, the bids and ads differ.

The ad preview tool seems to completely ignore the audiences, ie. it ignores the fact that I have visited the site. It just shows the ad from whatever campaign ad has the highest bidding keyword. Is this a bug or is this expected behaviour ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does The Ad Preview Tool Work With RLSAs ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Nick.

As you can see in the tool's interface, there's no option to select a specific audience. All you can select is domain, location, language and device.

Therefore I guess what you see is the expected behaviour.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Does The Ad Preview Tool Work With RLSAs ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Calin.

That's the conclusion I came to. Eventually !

The more I think about it the more obvious it is.

It would be a nice feature. I've never seen it discussed anywhere though.