AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Does Search Keyword Rankings Effect On Campaign Performance?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post in Adwords Community.   Smiley Happy

My Question :

I have been successfully managing a campaign of health products from 2 years. Recently search engine keywords rankings of the website has gone down due to penguin update and the organic sales as well as adwords sales was also gone down . Previuosly ill be getting 100 conversions per month now im getting 30 conversions per month through the campaign.

Im targeting search network only.

I just wanted to know that does search keyword rankings will effect the campaign performance?

Please give me some suggestions..

Thanks

Hema

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Does Search Keyword Rankings Effect On Campaign Performance?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Organic search results and AdWords are 2 completely separate areas of Google and do not effect each other in terms of ranking at all.

BUT

In terms of having a good organic result and a good ad position on the same results page, this will benefit both listings.

If you have 2 spots on the page you have increased the amount of page real estate you have so you will get more clicks. As well as this you are reinforcing your brand. If someone see 2 listings they generally seem to "trust" you a bit more so both listings can help increase each others CTR.

Does this make sense?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Organic search results and AdWords are 2 completely separate areas of Google and do not effect each other in terms of ranking at all.

BUT

In terms of having a good organic result and a good ad position on the same results page, this will benefit both listings.

If you have 2 spots on the page you have increased the amount of page real estate you have so you will get more clicks. As well as this you are reinforcing your brand. If someone see 2 listings they generally seem to "trust" you a bit more so both listings can help increase each others CTR.

Does this make sense?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Hema,

Generally a Search keyword ranking doesn’t affect the campaign performance because both are different platforms. However there would be chances that if your search keyword ranking is good enough then it impact ad impressions and ad clicks. According to the new study of Google Research teamOn average, for advertisers who appear in the top rank organic slot, 50% of ad clicks are incremental. This means that half of all ad clicks are not replaced by organic clicks when search ads are paused.

For more info you can visit this link: http://adwords.blogspot.in/2012/03/new-research-organic-search-results-and.html

Thanks

Brijesh 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I agree with purefuzz, Those are completely two different systems.

Earlier in 2012, Google published a research, showing that having paid ads has some incremental increase in addition to organic search clicks. Though carried out by Google - that is an interesting result.

Here is a link to the research abstract:

http://www.seroundtable.com/google-organic-paid-study-14942.html

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Wow...this is really great post and thnks Brijesh and purefuzzfor sharing with us. I was also not aware about this fact and facing the same issue with my some of adword accounts. Now i can make undersatnd my client in better way.Smiley Happy 

Anchal 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi purefuzz, Brijesh, MosheTLV

Thank you very much.. I found this as useful one