AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Does Remarketing advertise to those that came to my site from another PPC campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm getting conversions on my remarketing list.  But I'm curious if some of those conversions came from visitors that originally came to the website from a search keyword ad (or even a different display network ad)?

Is there a way to tell if the remarketing conversion originated from the user having originally come through another ad?

I guess another way to say it, how do I show remarketing conversions of customers that first came to the website through organic means vs paid means?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Terry C
March 2017

Re: Does Remarketing advertise to those that came to my site from another PPC campaign

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Terry Crowder

Adwords does not do this by default. If you'd like to accomplish this, you'll need to start building remarketing lists on the Analytics side and create lists by traffic source. Then build a remarketing campaign per source list.  This page gives details on how to setup remarketing in Analytics, however, I'm linking directly to the anchor that shows the source part: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2611404?hl=en#new

Depending on if you have other Display campaigns, you might be able to see some info in Multi-Channel funnel reports in Analytics.  Those breakdown conversion paths in aggregate.  It gives you some insight, but will not be as detailed as the report you'll get in Adwords if you implement the above strategy.  Some setup is required, but can give you reports that look something like this: paid.jpg

Re: Does Remarketing advertise to those that came to my site from another PPC campaign

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 3
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi @Terry Crowder

By Default Adwords uses Last click conversion attribution model. Which means that all credit is given to the last-clicked ad and corresponding keyword.

You can see where the leads came from in Analytics, under Conversions - Top conversion Path tab. 

If your remarketing audience was imported from Google Analytics, you can create a custom audience which will include only people that originally come from Adwords.

traffic sources.PNG

Hope that helpsSmiley Happy

Regards,
Eva

Does Remarketing advertise to those that came to my site from another PPC campaign

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

All users visited the site, regardless of the source of traffic are added to the AdWords remarketing list,

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’