AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Does Location Extension show for browsers with ad blockers?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am using Adwords Location Extension -

1) does my regular business listing still get shown in the local pack or on maps for people with an adblocker?

2) if I pause Adwords, is my regular listing still shown in the local pack/maps or does it no longer feature as it's linked with extensions?

3) if my business moves premises, do I need to get the location verified again and wait for extensions to authorise again before it shows?

4) can I adjust Adwords so it only shows on the local pack when searching instead of a separate ad on the side of the list?

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Purely Massage D
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Purely Massage D,

AdWords location extensions provide your location with your ad. And ads have nothing to do with organic search results. Where your organic listings is shown, your ad can show, too. If a user employs AdBlocker, it can block all ads, including any content within it, such as location extensions. It does not block organic listings on SERPs (search engine result pages). 

If you move and update your address on your G+ business page, your location extension within AdWords will auto update. I have done this many times. 

Ads on Google Search show above and below listings, never on the side any longer. You can place your ad above or below the organic search listings. You can use first position bid estimates to place your ad at the top. At some time in the near future, AdWords will release placements in the local three pack... which will make it a local two pack+one paid placement. 

In essence, it is best to have a strong organic placement enhanced with paid placements via AdWords.

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Purely Massage D
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Purely Massage D,

AdWords location extensions provide your location with your ad. And ads have nothing to do with organic search results. Where your organic listings is shown, your ad can show, too. If a user employs AdBlocker, it can block all ads, including any content within it, such as location extensions. It does not block organic listings on SERPs (search engine result pages). 

If you move and update your address on your G+ business page, your location extension within AdWords will auto update. I have done this many times. 

Ads on Google Search show above and below listings, never on the side any longer. You can place your ad above or below the organic search listings. You can use first position bid estimates to place your ad at the top. At some time in the near future, AdWords will release placements in the local three pack... which will make it a local two pack+one paid placement. 

In essence, it is best to have a strong organic placement enhanced with paid placements via AdWords.

Kind Regards,

James

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Purely Massage D 

Adblocker blocks most ads. 

Regards,

Zaby

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This post has been archived by a Moderator. Please review the Community Guidelines before posting again.Thank you for your understanding.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

3) if my business moves premises, do I need to get the location verified again and wait for extensions to authorise again before it shows?