AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Does Ad scheduling take into account time differences?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have client who targets visitors across various countries, and of course the time difference will vary across each country.

When I schedule the Ads to only show (for example) betwen 9am and 5pm, is this 9am to 5pm for all countries within the campaign? Or will this end up being different because of the time difference?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Does Ad scheduling take into account time differences?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Christian G and welcome,

The ad scheduling will take your account's time zone by default. So, it's better if you can first check what time zone your client account is into and then use some tool or plugin to identiy the time zone difference between the countries your client wants to target. After that, schedule the ads based on the time zone difference.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christian G
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Christian G wrote:

My clients timezone is the UK. So you're saying that if I set the Ads to show between 9am to 5pm, this is based on UK time. So if I had 'New York' added as a location, my Ads would only show to New York visitors from 4am to 12 noon?

Yes that's correct, it will take into account your default time zone and whatever location you enter, your ads will be shown based on your default time zone settings and not as per the location's time zone which you include.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Christian G and welcome,

The ad scheduling will take your account's time zone by default. So, it's better if you can first check what time zone your client account is into and then use some tool or plugin to identiy the time zone difference between the countries your client wants to target. After that, schedule the ads based on the time zone difference.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Christian G,

Welcome

In case ad scheduling & for other purposes Adwords will use the default Time Zone of your account.If you want to want to schedule ads across different target locations then you have do that manually.Its better to create seperate campaigns on the basis of your target locations

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

My clients timezone is the UK. So you're saying that if I set the Ads to show between 9am to 5pm, this is based on UK time. So if I had 'New York' added as a location, my Ads would only show to New York visitors from 4am to 12 noon?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christian G
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Christian G wrote:

Yes that's correct, it will take into account your default time zone and whatever location you enter, your ads will be shown based on your default time zone settings and not as per the location's time zone which you include.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Christian G : Exactly.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Ok, that's a real shame - I'm surprised Adwords doesn't take the time difference into account. Seems odd that you can assign multiple locations and languages to a campaign, and yet if you want to show your Ads for specific times across the time zones, you'd effectively have to setup different campaigns! Hopefully they'll address this in a future update for the Enhanced Campaigns.

Thanks for your help, and for clarifying this.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Christian G;

You are correct, However,it will "mess up" all reporting statistics and data tracking of the account. In order for reporting to reflect real and accurate performance over time you need a time=0 baseline. (like in any other field). This t=o (t for time), was set to be the time zone of the account

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’