AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Do you get to pick sites to target while re marketing?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

When re marketing, can you pick what types of sites and people see your ads? Or is it just any site from your lists/similar sites?

Basically, what kind of options are available and what is best?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Do you get to pick sites to target while re marketing?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kelsey

remarketing is trying to reach to people who have been on your website previously. There are different ways to set this up.

Please see https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453998?hl=en-GB

Kind regards

Feilim

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;
With the classic Re-marketing, ads are shown to users visited the your site;
You could include  combinations. For example:

• Re-marketing and keywords (Ads shown to users  who had previously visited your site, only when browsing sites that the content matches the theme of the keyword)
  • Re-marketing and managed placements (Ads are shown yo users  who had visited your site only when they browse managed placements)

Etc...

I personally like Re-marketing and topics, or Re-marketing and managed placements...

We could make the topic more complicated with Re-marketing and interests,  but I would leave it for now...

Also note that the Venn diagram (the circles on the side), illustrates the targeted audiences based on the targeting methods chosen.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks! If you have a pretty specific audience from lists already, would targeting just narrow the audience too much?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
How many are on the list? If there aren't many, I wouldn't restrict the targeted audiences further (by adding another targeting method).
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’