AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Do you get to pick sites to target while re marketing?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

When re marketing, can you pick what types of sites and people see your ads? Or is it just any site from your lists/similar sites?

Basically, what kind of options are available and what is best?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Do you get to pick sites to target while re marketing?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kelsey

remarketing is trying to reach to people who have been on your website previously. There are different ways to set this up.

Please see https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453998?hl=en-GB

Kind regards

Feilim

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;
With the classic Re-marketing, ads are shown to users visited the your site;
You could include  combinations. For example:

• Re-marketing and keywords (Ads shown to users  who had previously visited your site, only when browsing sites that the content matches the theme of the keyword)
  • Re-marketing and managed placements (Ads are shown yo users  who had visited your site only when they browse managed placements)

Etc...

I personally like Re-marketing and topics, or Re-marketing and managed placements...

We could make the topic more complicated with Re-marketing and interests,  but I would leave it for now...

Also note that the Venn diagram (the circles on the side), illustrates the targeted audiences based on the targeting methods chosen.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks! If you have a pretty specific audience from lists already, would targeting just narrow the audience too much?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
How many are on the list? If there aren't many, I wouldn't restrict the targeted audiences further (by adding another targeting method).
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’