AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Do you advertise on Google search partners? Why or why not?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I noticed a large difference in the CTR for my campaigns in Google vs. the Search Partners. My CTR on Google is twice as high. Is this typical? What other factors should I consider when deciding whether to include search partners in my search-only campaigns?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author fnippy
September 2015

Re: Do you advertise on Google search partners? Why or why not?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi fnippy,

There normally is a difference in the search partner CTR vs Google Search (not always but usually noticable). You can also be looking at the CPC, position, conversions, 

You want to be looking at wheteher the search partner network is working for you and if you are using conversion tracking you can segment by network to see the conversion stats more easily and at different levels in the account.

I have had some accounts where the search partners cost/conv was too high so I switched it off but it's something you have to test for yourself as every account is different and performs differently.

I still run a lot of accounts using it because it is cost effective and within the clients CPA goals.

It's impossible to know if it's going to work for you before you give it a try so give it a test run for a while and then measure the results and make an informed decision based on actual data.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author fnippy
September 2015

Re: Do you advertise on Google search partners? Why or why not?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi fnippy,

There normally is a difference in the search partner CTR vs Google Search (not always but usually noticable). You can also be looking at the CPC, position, conversions, 

You want to be looking at wheteher the search partner network is working for you and if you are using conversion tracking you can segment by network to see the conversion stats more easily and at different levels in the account.

I have had some accounts where the search partners cost/conv was too high so I switched it off but it's something you have to test for yourself as every account is different and performs differently.

I still run a lot of accounts using it because it is cost effective and within the clients CPA goals.

It's impossible to know if it's going to work for you before you give it a try so give it a test run for a while and then measure the results and make an informed decision based on actual data.