AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Do we need to create a separate Ad Copy for each Keyword?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

In our ad group PHP Developer- core, we have 10-12 keywords and 3 Ad copies. In each ad Copy, we inserted our top performing keywords as Dynamic Keywords in the Titles.

My question is - when I search for keywords php web developer or phpfox developer on Google, our Ad copy displays but the search keyword does not get replaced with the actual keyword which we have in Title of that Ad Copy. Could you please explain why does this happen?

Do we need to create a separate Ad Copy for each Keyword?

To avoid such cases, we have created a new Ad copy (PHP Secondary keywords) which is a temporary solution and a tedious job to create a separate Ad Copy for each keyword.

Thanks & Regards,

Dipti

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Do we need to create a separate Ad Copy for each Keyword?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Dipti,

How are your quality scores for these KW in question?  If the KW are not of a certain QS level (I thought is was around 4 or so) the default text will be used instead. 

Even if you have your ad set up like this:

{KeyWordSmiley TongueHP Developer}

Best programmers alive

contact us now for a quote.

www.phpgods.com

If the keyword "php web developer" in your ad group triggers the ad to show but only carries a QS of 2 or 3, the default text "PHP Developer" will be shown instead.  I'll see if I can find some documentation on this for you.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Dipti,

Do you have "php web developer" and "phpfox developer" included within that ad group? The DKI will replace the default keyword for the keyword within your ad group that triggered the ad. So let's say that you have the keyword "php developer" within your ad group but not "php web developer", if someone searches for "php web developer" and your keyword "php developer" triggers the ad then your default ad title will be replaced with your keyword "php developer".

This is the first thing I would check, see whether you have included the keywords you are referring to.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Do search keywords match with keywords in table of AdWords ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Scott,

Yes, as I said we have 12 keywords in that Ad group and "php web developer" and "phpfox developer" are among those. But the problem is when my Ad displays on Google search, it shows only those keywords which I have inserted in those Ad copies irrespective of using DKI.

In short, we have all targetted keywords in our Ad group but my Ad copies with DKI showes only those keywords which I have used in Ad copies and not all keywords.

Dipti

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello Dipti,

Scott is correct!

In order to make sure that the keyword which you want to get displayed while using DKI, you need to have that keyword included in your ad group where you are using DKI's.

You can review this Google reference which contains an excellent example. (Pay attention to this part Things to know before using keyword insertions in the reference.)

Hope this helps!

Pankaj 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pankaj,

But we do have that keyword included in your ad group where we are using DKI's.

- Dipti

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Dipti,

How are your quality scores for these KW in question?  If the KW are not of a certain QS level (I thought is was around 4 or so) the default text will be used instead. 

Even if you have your ad set up like this:

{KeyWordSmiley TongueHP Developer}

Best programmers alive

contact us now for a quote.

www.phpgods.com

If the keyword "php web developer" in your ad group triggers the ad to show but only carries a QS of 2 or 3, the default text "PHP Developer" will be shown instead.  I'll see if I can find some documentation on this for you.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi dipti,

do you have those keywords in your keyword's list if not then you have to list them because the DKI ad copy will include the keywords as title if those keywords are listed in keywords.

HRMehrotra
On Google+

SEMag

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello again Dipti,

As a matter of curiosity, I am wondering where you are actually checking your ads on live Google search. It is not advisable to look for the ads on live searches as it will hamper your own CTR, impressions and all. Instead, try the ad preview tool.

Also, did you actually run the Ad Report and see which particular keyword has triggered which ad for your campaigns? (For this you will need to add the segment keyword/placement while downloading the report)

By doing this, it will give you more clarity to take informed decisions. It will also help you decide whether you should break your existing ad group into multilple ones or not.

Just a thought!

Pankaj