AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Do remarketing lists serve ads regardless of the device a person uses?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If a person is placed on an AdWords remarketing list by visiting my site from their desktop, will they recieve remarketing ads (as a result of their initial desktop visit) if they start browsing the web on their mobile phone or tablet?

I'm trying to understand if remarketing lists can identify people on any device (if they are logged in to their Google account for instance).

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Do remarketing lists serve ads regardless of the device a person u

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi A_Castillo,

The simple answer is "No". Not at this time.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Do remarketing lists serve ads regardless of the device a person u

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Remarketing is controlled by a cookie placed on the device - thus you will only see a remarketing ad if you are on the same device. This means that if you are on a shared computer you will see ads that are targeted to other people who have been using the machine before you.

So if you share a computer at home and you suddenly start to see lots of ads for Hawaii - do the decent thing and feign surprise when your partner gives you tickets for your birthday!